Last week I hosted a craft day with two friends and fellow bloggers, Laura and Angela. We made mirror and scale signs.
What are those, you ask? Well, they're signs you post on your mirror or scale to remind you that you're fabulous. If you are like most women I know, you could benefit from a positive affirmation or two. Especially when you're looking in the mirror sans makeup or when you're hopping on the scale.
Even at 34, my main body image issue is blemished skin. So, the sign I made for my mirror reminds me to put those pimples in perspective.
I made the scale sign below for one of my nutrition & wellness coaching clients. Even though I recommend she weigh herself no more than once a week, she does it more frequently. And, like most of my clients, the number on the scale dictates how she then feels about herself. (Don't worry, we're working on changing that. )
To make your own sign:
1. Cut cover or card stock to desired size. (The signs I made are 3" x 3")
2. Type and print your affirmation. Have fun with fonts. Here are a few of my favorites:
-You look fabulous when you feel fabulous.
-Don't let a number dictate how you feel.
-Girl, you are beautiful when you smile.
-Your weight has nothing to do with your worth.
-One year from now, you won't remember this pimple.
3. Decorate your sign and add your positive affirmation.
4. If you want to laminate your sign, use heat and seal laminating pages. (Find them in office supply stores). These work well with irons (you don't need a laminating machine) but be sure to use the included paper pouch to protect your iron.
5. Trim excess laminate from your sign.
6. If you want to add glitter, rhinestones, or other accents, glue these on after you laminate your sign. Laminating doesn't work so well when the project gets too thick.
To hang your sign: you can tape it to your scale or mirror, punch one center top hole and use a suction hook on your mirror, or punch two top holes and use ribbon.
Have fun making these and let me know what you come up with!