Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Nourishing Newspaper Quote

Friday turned out to be a big day. I said "yes" to a lunch and movie invitation even though I was tired and cranky. As it turns out, I'm immensely glad I went.

Who would have guessed the social reporter from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution would be there? Who would have guessed she would quote me? And, who would guess my photo would be on the front page of the newspaper the following day? Crazy, huh?

Here's the article:
Or click here to read the online version (no picture though)

And here's my nourishing quote (which was bolded! I can't hide my excitement!)

You just have to see the movie, Julie and Julia, my friends. It humorously weaves together the stories of Julia Child and foodie blogger Julie Powell. People in the theater clapped at the end. It was that good.

Some of the inspirational themes from the movie include:
  • Be persistent and don't give up on your dreams and goals- especially in the face of challenges and rejection.
  • Don't take the first "no" as your answer. (This was a favorite quote of my father too.)
  • Being yourself is a key to success.
  • Food is meant to be savored and enjoyed. (And I might add: not micromanaged or feared.)
  • Food is a way to show love for those you cook for. Including yourself.
  • Take the time to prepare meals and take time to eat them.
  • Be connected with your food.
My view at the lunch table:
And here's me at lunch on Friday with my friend, Laura Scholz.

8 comments:

  1. Yay, Kathianne! So excited for you, and so glad you decided to come along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog - I LUV LUV the opportunity to see and discover new people and their insights!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathianne, I was a bit reluctant to go as well, since I didn't know anyone but our darling Patricia, but it was a wonderful afternoon with the most wonderful women. It was nourishing in so many different ways! You are a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, isn't it surprising what can come out of a last minute decision to just do something for yourself? New reader here, friend of Laura S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    Thank you for your beautiful comment on my artwork! and thank you for allowing me to follow the path back to your blog - so nice to meet you.

    :-)

    Now, this is exciting! I'm going Friday to see this movie with my hubby - both big fans of Mrs. Child, but I have a feeling there will be no reporters ;-) Better for me I suppose as I can be shy at times.

    well-wishes,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing. I also enjoyed your take-aways from Julie/Julia (and there are many) and the thoughtful way the two story lines were woven together. Follow your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a really great post. I never thought about some of those things. And congrats on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so great! Congrats!
    Also I just love this post, you make great some great points/great reminders where you write the inspirational themes.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis