Friday turned out to be a big day. I said "yes" to a lunch and movie invitation even though I was tired and cranky. As it turns out, I'm immensely glad I went.
Who would have guessed the social reporter from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution would be there? Who would have guessed she would quote me? And, who would guess my photo would be on the front page of the newspaper the following day? Crazy, huh?
Here's the article:
Or click here to read the online version (no picture though)
And here's my nourishing quote (which was bolded! I can't hide my excitement!)
You just have to see the movie, Julie and Julia, my friends. It humorously weaves together the stories of Julia Child and foodie blogger Julie Powell. People in the theater clapped at the end. It was that good.
Some of the inspirational themes from the movie include:
- Be persistent and don't give up on your dreams and goals- especially in the face of challenges and rejection.
- Don't take the first "no" as your answer. (This was a favorite quote of my father too.)
- Being yourself is a key to success.
- Food is meant to be savored and enjoyed. (And I might add: not micromanaged or feared.)
- Food is a way to show love for those you cook for. Including yourself.
- Take the time to prepare meals and take time to eat them.
- Be connected with your food.
And here's me at lunch on Friday with my friend, Laura Scholz.