Saturday, July 11, 2009

Let's Get Crafty: Personalized Journal

Last week I started a new book entitled, The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity, by Julia Cameron. The book is a 12-week program to nourish my spirit and my creativity. The program includes journal assignments. (Please check back with me in a few weeks to make sure I am on track.) Anyway, here I was excited to get started, and the used bookstore where I bought the book didn't carry journals. And the drug store next door only had standard school composition books (the kind with the black and white speckled covers) and 3-ring notebooks.
Q: What's a girl to do?
A: Buy a standard composition book and get crafty!
Here it is:
All but 4 of the images I used were from magazine pages or junk mail. It's my favorite kind of recycling!

If you want to make your own, in addition to your composition book and magazine pages you will need a glue brush and some glue (My favorite for this type of project is Modge Podge. You can get it at any craft store.) I also put an extra coat of Modge Podge over the art afterwards to keep it protected.

I hope you enjoy this idea. Let me know if it inspires you to get crafty!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm about a week away from needing notebook #2 for The Artist's Way. I was going to go buy a new one, but maybe I'll do this instead. I'm on week #5 and have to collect lots of images this week anyway, so hmmm, sounds like a plan. Considering this may be my only "craft glue" project, is it pricey or worth buying?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis