Friday, July 3, 2009

Independence Day


On July 4th, 2001, I walked into a bar and my life changed forever.

Some may call it ironic that I met my future "ball and chain" on Independence Day. I think the irony is that in the 8 years we've been together, I've discovered and gained the confidence to be my authentic individual self. He accepts me just as I am (and I sadly confess that this is not always reciprocal). He nourishes my artistic self and believes in me. I came into my own because of his unconditional love and acceptance.

Everyone deserves someone who can believe in them before they can believe in themselves. Everyone deserves someone who can see them. Really see them. And love them in spite of it. Love them because of it.

Because of him, I found the liberty to be myself. And bloom.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:53 AM CDT

    Kathianne, I am so happy you found a man so deserving of you. Your relationship is inspirational and I love how you express it. Now when can I meet him? I miss you dammit! We need to figure out a way to see one another.

    Love you,
    Rachierae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more with you if I tried...

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis