Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Tea Party


This past Tuesday was my 35th birthday.
I decided to celebrate by hosting a tea party. I included a bunch of things that nourish me:

Healthy snacks prepared with love along with some sweet treats

Tea, of course!

The china tea sets I've inherited from my great aunt, my grandmother, and my mother
(I had each guest pick their own cup)

Flowers and pretty glassware

And dear friends, new and old.

My husband even came home from work early to surprise me and crashed the party. He gave me a pink Wizard of Oz mug with Ruby Slippers on the front. It says, "Click Your Heels and Get Carried Away."
It's the perfect gift.

It was a wonderful celebration and a great birthday.

5 comments:

  1. Sweetie, this was the nicest party. Everything looked beautiful and I loved meeting all your marvelous friends! A party triumph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, friend! I wish I could've been there to help you celebrate. It looks like you were surrounded by lots of wonderful friends and yummy food! Hope you you had a fabulous day! May all your birthday wishes come true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:11 PM CDT

    Great hummus! Glad I could make it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting such a beautiful party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Beautiful tea sets - wish I could have made it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis