Monday, September 28, 2009

Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables

One of the best things you can do to nourish your body is eat more fruits and vegetables!

As a dietitian, I see a lot of food logs. One of the most common suggestions I make to my clients is to eat more fruits and vegetables. (In fact, in the last year, I can think of only 2 people whose food logs I reviewed that were eating sufficient amounts of them.)

Since I don't want to sound like your mother, I am going to appeal to your vanity. Fruits and veggies keep you beautiful! They are chocked full of antioxidants that act as anti-aging agents. They have nutrients that nourish your skin, hair, and nails. And, their low calorie and high fiber content are important for maintaining a healthy weight (or losing weight, if needed.)

I encourage my clients to eat at least 2 cups of fruit a day and at least 3 cups of veggies.

So eat your fruits and veggies ladies! Fresh or frozen, it doesn't matter. Just eat them!

(Stay posted, since this topic is so important to your well-being, I'll be writing more.)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder, Kathianne ~ I think making veggies PORTABLE + TASTY is my challenge. I try to steam veggies to make them tasty and easy to digest as I go, but if you have other portable+tasty tips, I'd love to hear. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline,
    Thank you for your comment. I suggest adding veggies to your portable meals: on sandwiches (shredded carrots, baby spinach, and sliced radishes make great toppers), as pizza toppings, in soups, in leftovers. Raw veggies make a great portable snack too! I hope this helps. Kathianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:21 PM CDT

    try to steam veggies to make them tasty and easy to digest as I go, but if you have other portable+tasty tips, I'd love to hear. ;)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis