I’ve had my blog for almost two months, and until now I have not lived up to my promise to get crafty and creative with you. I’ve been posting my words and artwork to inspire you but long ago I discovered that nothing does it for me quite like a fresh sheet of paper, new markers, glitter, and a glue stick. Being creative is so nourishing to the spirit!
I also happen to think that sending and receiving mail is one of life’s great joys. Opening that mailbox and finding a card or letter sent to me “just because” makes my day. Text, email, and even a phone message just don’t have the same emotional impact. I have been fortunate to be on the receiving end of ‘just because cards’ countless times. My sister is wonderful at this.
But, as the saying goes, it is better to give than to receive. And, I am a big believer that what you send out (via the cosmos or US Postal system) comes back to you. Sending out cards and warm wishes through the mail is a little pleasure of mine. Buying and making stationery is one of my things. (After all, I did have a tiny handmade stationery biz at one time.)
The Love Sender stationery embodies this philosophy for me. Plus, it is super cute and super easy to make! Keep reading for instructions.....
Here we go:
(Feel free to take a look at the photo and go for it. You can’t really mess up and, if you are a visual learner like me, the directions just seem to make it more complicated.)
- Cut 8” x 11” cardstock into 4 even pieces. Using a paper-cutter is best to get straight and even lines. You can buy precut cardstock if you don’t own or want to invest in a papercutter.
- Draw a horizontal rectangle using thin black marker centered on the top of your card. (It doesn’t matter which way you hold the card. Use your preference.)
- Draw the envelope flap (a V that comes together below the heart and reaches to the top corners of your rectangle).
- Draw the bottom 2 lines of the envelope (from mid-flap to each bottom corner.)
- Draw a heart in the envelope flap and color it in with pink or red marker.
- Write the words, “Love Sender” below your envelope.
- Add glitter to your heart if that makes you feel special. Otherwise, leave it as it is.
You can buy plain white or colored envelopes for your cards. Tying together 6 cards and envelopes together with ribbon, makes the cutest little gift.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!