Saturday, January 14, 2012
I don't know if you are like me, but I find if I'm not mindful, it's way too easy to focus on the negative. Our consumer-oriented culture continually reminds us of what we don't have. But the antidote only takes a minute: I list what I am thankful for. And just like that, my world is a happier, brighter, and more positive place.
Here are a few things I'm feeling thankful for today:
1. Hubby has off for 24 straight hours!
2. During his precious time off he woke up with Baby Girl so I could sleep in, solved my new phone issue, and made my gmail more secure.
3. Baby Girl is taking a long nap so I can write this post.
4. It's sunny outside.
5. Reem had a healthy baby GIRL!
6. Lisa arrived home safely. (She was driving cross-country and made a 3-day pit stop in Dallas.)
7. I'm writing again.
8. We have enough. More than enough.
9. We are healthy.
10. We have each other.
What are you feeling thankful for today?